A Jock's Second World War Malaya, Death Railway FEPOW & Korean War campaign & long service medal group of 7: Sergeant James Wood 1st Battalion Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders
- The 1939-1945 Star. No clasp
- The Pacific Star. No clasp
- Defence Medal
- War Medal
- Korea Medal. 1st type obverse legend (2979815 . J. Wood. A. & S. H.)
- United Nations: Service Medal with clasp 'Korea'
- Military LS&GC Medal. EIIR first issue with 'Regular Army' bar: (2979815 Sgt. J. Wood. A. & S. H.)
Death Railway Commendation: Private James Wood received a 'Commendation' from the British Camp Commandant at 'Chungkai' Prisoner of War Camp, on the 'Death Railway' Thailand, dated 21 October 1943 (Regimental records refer) as cited below:
Private Wood J 2979815 Group VI 21st Octr, '43: I note that you have given your blood for your comrades, an act, which under the present circumstances as a Prisoner of War is highly commendable
Evidently a case of giving blood by very basic' & hazardous local transfusion, for one or more of his less fortunate Jock 'Mucker's'
The medals, mounted on card in the court-style for display purpose
Condition: Mostly GVF & better